Saturday 13 December 2014

Chainmail Bikinis for All!

I'm a child of the 80s, meaning I grew up with lots of strange representations of females in fantasy. So many strange things...  But there was She-Ra, and she made up for most of the rest.  I also loved sword & sorcery and devoured the genre, cheering on chainmail bikini clad warrior women like there was no tomorrow (and, in those stories, there often was no tomorrow for most of the characters).

One of my good writing buddies, Derek Künsken, is a blogger at the online fantasy-focused magazine Black Gate, and he was kind enough to pass my name along when they were looking for more bloggers.  I'm thrilled to say that I'm now their new once-every-two-weeks Friday blogger!

My first post is a satirical look at the chainmail bikini. I'll try and post to my own blog all of the posts since I know some of you only follow me here, but Black Gate is an awesome and fun place to hang out, so consider keeping an eye on them, too!  If you want to leave a comment on this article, please do so at Black Gate. Let's spread the fun!

Happy weekend-ing!


No comments:

Post a Comment