Tuesday 5 April 2011

Reminder - Aurora Awards

Nominations close on April 30, so there's less than a month to go before your vote has to be in!  Why should you vote?  Well, because democracy rules, and because it's a nice way to recognize the efforts of fans and pros across Canada.  The sci-fi/fantasy community in Canada is awesome, let's face it, and full of amazing talent.

The Aurora Awards are Canadian and fan voted, and made of win. Any Canadian can nominate a work of writing, art, or a fan achievement by going here.  You have to become a member of the CSFFA, but it's quick, free and painless. Remember - you can only nominate once!

As mentioned before, I would be honoured if you'd consider nominating:

In the long-form works category:  
Destiny's Blood
Published by Dragon Moon Press.  To help you make an informed decision, my publisher has made the work available online for free.   Pretty awesome, eh?  (Sorceress of Shadows is also eligible, but I'd prefer not splitting my votes.  As Destiny's Blood is a stand-alone, and not the final book in a trilogy, I feel my chances are best stacked there.) 

In the short stories category:
A Pint to Prophecy
Included in the Podthology anthology.  This story is available as a free podcast, for your listening pleasure. 

These are the works I hope you'll consider, but there are many other fine works by great Canadian authors.  I encourage you to check out the full list.

I hope you'll give my pieces a chance and review them, and any support is, as always, appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment