Tuesday 11 January 2011

2011 Rocks!

I can safely make that statement because early this morning, my niece, Something Something Bilodeau, was born.  As one of my friends pointed out, she'll probably live to see the 22nd century, and that's just awesome!  I hope she has the curiosity of her father and the willpower of her mother, the intelligence of both and the fashion sense of her mother.  Or her auntie.  But not of her father.  Please no!
Because I simply can't bear to show you my brother's fashion sense, I shall delight you all with a picture of a sleeping kitten, dreaming of horses.  Canadian horses, that is.

Papa and maman are happy, and everyone is healthy.  I get the fun of bringing my nephew to meet his sister today, and I can't wait to see what he'll think of her.  I was babysitting him last night (foolish parents), and I told him that his mom and dad had gone to the black market to buy a little sister.  I tried to get him to say black market, but he frowned and said: "No!"  Kid's pretty smart.  I'm surprised his parents even let him near me.  I did, after all, accidentally teach him to say "die!" when he was one-year old.  Made for, um, interesting encounters as he looked at random people and tried out his new word.

Jessy - the mom who looks kick-ass after xx hours of labour.  And the bundle I assume is Something Something Bilodeau.  Or a strangely shaped watermelon.

So tonight I'll know Something Something's name.  Her brother's name is George Henri. It's a name steeped in the histories of both families.  My great-grandfather was named Georges Henri, and my sister-in-law's father is named George.  So they made the name bilingual and off they went!  Come to think of it, Something Something isn't very bilingual.  It should be Something Queque-chose Bilodeau.  Now that's a name!

I can't wait to meet her, and to see what she'll make of this wonderful gift of life! 

2 comments:

  1. I am happy for you. Congratulations in becoming a Aunt. If she does live into the 22 century, then maybe she can use your stories as a history of her famous aunt.
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tu me fais rire! Pauvre Georges Henri... Si tu continues comme ca il va penser que sa sœur sort du marché aux puces!
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete