Wednesday 12 June 2013

Award Thank You!

I was so stunned to be nominated for two Aurora Awards this year that I didn't even blog about it.  I want to start off by saying thank you to all of you who took the time to nominate my works.  You've heard it before, but authors rarely know how their works are liked until reviews pop up or works are nominated by fans. So I seriously cannot thank you enough.  You are the best!

My nominated works are:

Destiny's Fall (Long-form fiction)
Happily Ever After from When the Villain Comes Homes (edited by Gabrielle Harbowy and Ed Greenwood - Short-form fiction)

These represent my third and fourth nominations in the Aurora Awards.  It's a high honour, and again, I'm flabbergasted.

In past years, I lost by only a few votes, so if you like these works, I would be extremely grateful for a vote.  You can vote directly on their website (Canadians and various forms of Canadians only).  It is $10 to vote, but you get an e-copy of all the books and short stories, so it's pretty awesome.  I'm up against some great writers, like Karen Dudley and Matt Moore (both of whom I adore), so you'll want to check out their works, too!  

The award ceremonies are in Ottawa this year, which is my hometown! And it's at CAN-CON, my favourite con (not only because it's local).  I hope you make it to CAN-CON, too.  It's fun, filled with great people and has some kick-ass programming.  So come check it out!  And don't miss the paper airplane contest (I assume they'll let me host it again, but maybe new regulations against "fun" will be put in place. Who knows.) 

Thanks again.  I seriously can't believe my fortune at knowing great people like all of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment