Friday 25 March 2011

Amazingly Spectacular Storytelling Tour!

I've been meaning to put on a storytelling show in Montreal for quite some time now. There are lots of awesome people in Montreal, and I just love the city of my wee Marie years.

Meanwhile (the plot thickens), a Montreal teller and good friend, JD Hobbes, had been meaning to invade Ottawa with a launch for his storytelling CD – The Bard's New Hat.  And so (truly thick, now), we're launching a whirlwind two-show, two-city extravaganza tour spanning two months!  Ta da!

Ottawa
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Maxwells Pub and Bistro (upstairs)
340 Elgin, Ottawa, ON
Google map
Start time: 3:30 pm
This show is kid-friendly, too! You can thank Hobbes for that touch.

Montreal
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Hurley's Irish Pub
1225 Crescent St, Montreal
Google Map
Start Time: 7 pm
This show is not kid-friendly.  You can thank me for that.  Thank me by buying me a drink after the show, in fact! 


Hobbes often works with an amazing musician, Shayne Gryne, and together they form TaelStrum.  He'll work with us for the Montreal show, providing background music and some lovely tunes between stories.  How awesome is that? 

We'll be joined for the Ottawa show by storyteller Ruthanne Edward.  Fun for all! 

And, speaking of shows, don't forget that tomorrow night is Fireborn!  Join Kymeras Ruthanne Edward, Kathryn Hunt and Sean Zio (and me!) as we celebrate the return of spring with stories and poems of stars and the night. 

Fireborn
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Royal Oak on Laurier (downstairs room)
Ottawa, ON
Starting at 7 pm

And I'll also have a late night show, To the Stars, in Toronto at Ad Astra.

To the Stars
April 8, 2011
Ad Astra
Toronto, ON
Starting at 11 pm
End the first day of the con with stories on the stars, science and the end of the world. 

Now that I think about it, I've been averaging a show a month this year, and the year is picking up speed.  Throw on top of that a book coming out later this year, several short story sales and a questionable con schedule, and suddenly I understand why Roomy dies of laughter every time I exclaim: "I'm going to take it easy this year!"

It's good to make friends laugh, I suppose.

2 comments: