Monday 14 March 2011

Finalist in the Foreword Book Awards!

Destiny's Blood is a finalist in the 2010 Foreword Book Awards, in the Science-Fiction category!  The Foreword Awards recognize fine books from independent publishers in Canada and the U.S.  This year, there were more than 1,400 entries from 350 publishers (for all categories).  W00t!

(I always feel that Destiny's Blood being classified as science-fiction would make Isaac Asimov cry.  Yet I go on.)

Congrats to the other Dragon Moon Press authors who are in various categories:

  • Angel of Chaos by Nina Munteanu
  • Murder at Avedon Hill by P.G. Holyfield
  • Scimitar Sun by Chris A. Jackson (winner of last year's award!)
  • Toothless by J.P. Moore
Go Dragon Moon!  Talk about an impressive amount of finalists - thanks to Gwen Gades and Gabrielle Harbowy for taking such good care of all of our books!  

The Foreword Winners will be announced at this year's Book Expo America in New York City.  I was pondering going, but with Anime North already confirmed, I'll probably pass (because it's the weekend right after and a girl can only run around so much).  But I'll be following the Twitter feed to see if Destiny's Blood wins gold, silver or bronze!  Keep your fingers crossed!  (Well, okay, don't.  I'm not covering your medical bill when you get weird side effects from months of finger crossing.  I'm just not. Wow, between this and making Isaac Asimov cry, I'm pretty heartless today!  I'll have to make up karma tomorrow.)

Before I sign off, let me just say: YAY!!!  :D



6 comments:

  1. Way to go, Marie! I am so happy for you! It's a GREAT book -- it totally deserves this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And okay, so it might make Isaac Asimov cry, but if Lovecraft was also science fiction (which can be argued and in fact I will argue it) then I think the definition of SF just got pretty, um, rubbery. :-D

    You ROCK! And I'm going to attempt to keep the fingers crossed as much as possible. Without risking injury.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about we keep our mental fingers crossed for you? Surely we can do that without need of medical correction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thought! Just be careful what you cross in your head. We strive for no (extra) psychiatric interventions, too!

    ReplyDelete